On the website of the Government Legislation Center (www.rcl.gov.pl) there is a draft regulation amending the regulation on the vocational training of young people and their remuneration (No. RD 694), under which it is planned to increase the percentage rates of remuneration of young employees.
Let us remind you that a juvenile during vocational training is entitled to remuneration calculated as a percentage of the average monthly remuneration in the national economy in the previous quarter, applicable from the first day of the month following the announcement by the President of the Central Statistical Office. Currently, the percentage ratio of this remuneration is:
- in the first year of study – not less than 5%,
- in the second year of study – not less than 6%,
- in the third year of study – not less than 7%.
Juveniles undergoing training to perform a specific job are entitled to not less than 4% of the above-mentioned salary.
Pursuant to the draft amending regulation, the percentage rates of remuneration for young people are to increase to:
- 8% – in the first year of study,
- 9% – in the second year of study,
- 10% – in the third year of studies,
- 7% – in the period of training to perform a specific job.
According to the draft, the changes would enter into force on 1 September 2023.
Source: Information Bulletin for Economic and Financial Services No. 20 (1171) of July 10, 2023, page 8